Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber hosts live webinar on the importance of understanding human performance
The Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber will host a live webinar on Thursday, August 30, 2018, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. The webinar will provide attendees with knowledge about the importance of understanding human performance for an organization. During the webinar, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and provide commentary. The webinar will also teach attendees about the “Principles of Human Performance”:
The webinar will be led by Senior Safety & Health Specialist at Georgia Power, Gene Scott, who has been with Georgia Power for over 45 years. He is responsible for the safety and health of approximately 1,500 people across the state of Georgia including the Corporate Headquarters facility, by providing and coordinating training, safety briefings, safety presentations and ensuring compliance with OSHA regulations.
- People are fallible, and even the best people make mistakes
- Error-likely situations are predictable, manageable, and preventable
- Individual behavior is influenced by organizational processes and values
- People achieve high levels of performance because of the encouragement and reinforcement received from leaders, peers, and subordinates
- Events can be avoided through an understanding of the reasons mistakes occur in application of lessons learned from the past events (or errors)
This webinar session is open to current and prospective members. To gain access to the webinar, current and prospective members must pay a fee of $40.00 and $50.00 respectively. After registration, attendees will receive specific instructions on how to view the live webinar. Following the event, a recording of the webinar, a week of access to the Georgia HR Library, and one hour of SHRM/HRCI credit will be available for all Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber members.
About the Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber
The Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber advances economic prosperity. The Chamber serves as an impact organization for businesses by engaging in economic development, fostering collaborative regional leadership, and advocating for business prosperity. For more information concerning the Dunwoody Perimeter Chamber, please visit www.perimeterchamber.com or call (678) 244-9700.