MJCCA Day Camps: Where the Magic of Summer Begins!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IMPORTANT NEWS FROM THE MARCUS JEWISH COMMUNITY CENTER OF ATLANTA
More Info: mjccadaycamps.org, 678.812.4004
Photo Credit: Courtesy of the MJCCA
Unplug for the Summer at the MJCCA’s Camp Isidore Alterman (CIA); or
Explore a Specialty Camp: Sports ∙ Performing Arts ∙ Travel ∙ Theme ∙ Teen
More Than 100 Day and Overnight Camp Options
(ATLANTA – December 20, 2018) – Summer is just around the corner, and MJCCA Day Camps is ready with amazing camps and adventures for every age and interest. One of the most popular summer day camp programs in metro Atlanta, MJCCA Day Camps runs from May 28, 2019 – August 9, 2019, offering more than 100 camp options at three locations: Dunwoody, Intown, and East Cobb. Camps are for rising Pre-K – 10th grade. Free bus transportation will be provided from 19 locations in the metro area to the Dunwoody day camp location. More information: mjccadaycamps.org or 678.812.4004.
Online Registration Opens: Returning Families: Jan. 6, 10 am / First-Time Families: Jan. 13, 10 am.
“Our camp options are as endless as your child’s growing interests,” explains MJCCA Days Camps Director Meryl Rindsberg. “Here, our campers will try new activities and sports, play in nature, strengthen social skills, and build self-confidence and independence. This is where connections to Jewish identity are strengthened and where lasting friendships are made.”
MJCCA Day Camp Options:
For Rising Pre-K – 10th Grade
May 28 – August 9, 2019
Free Bus Transportation from 19 Metro Atlanta Locations
Online Camp Registration Opens
Returning Families: Jan. 6, 10 am / First-Time Families: Jan. 13, 10 am
New this year in CIA
- Camp Isidore Alterman (CIA) – CIA campers can unplug for the summer and enjoy being in the moment at the MJCCA’s day camp, where campers get to do it all – archery, boating, rock wall climbing, arts and crats, swimming, fishing, ropes course, outdoor cooking, and more.
- CIA Shuk (market) – CIA campers will get to shop for treats at the new CIA Shuk. Strengthening decision-making skills and social skills, once a week, campers will exchange shekels (coins) for goodies like toys, fresh fruit, granola bars, animal crackers, fruit juices, and more.
- CIA Kehillah (community) Time – During Kehillah Time, twice a week, CIA campers will enjoy a choice period, selecting fun camp activities to engage in with their groupmates as well as other campers from different groups in their age unit. Kehillah Time will help campers strengthen their sense of community and enhance their social skills (without even knowing it!).
Additional MJCCA Day Camp Highlights
- MJCCA Specialty Camps:
- Sports Camps – MJCCA Day Camps has a sports camp for every athlete. From Atlanta Hawks Basketball Camp, Flag Football, and Krav Kids to World Cup Soccer, Tennis, and Gymnastics, your camper will be an all-star in training. And for those who just can’t pick one sport, try a different sport each week or try them all in Maccabi Sports Camp. You can hit the fields, courts, and gyms.
- MJCCA Performing Arts Camps – At MJCCA performing arts camps, the thrill of live performance takes center stage. MJCCA Day Camps’ drama camp is a two-week theatrical extravaganza through which campers will experience every element of the theater. This summer, campers will be performing Mary Poppins Jr. and Aladdin Jr. For those who prefer to be behind the scenes, they can make magic too in Stagecraft Camp. For those who love to put on their dancing shoes, we offer a wide array of dance camps that will have your campers twirling with excitement.
- Theme Camps – Every kid has different interests, which is why MJCCA Day Camps offers a wide range of theme camps, such as LEGOLAND, Princess Camp, and Digital Builders. Theme campers spend the majority of their day ensconced in the magic of their theme camp, but also get to cool off during daily free swim.
- Travel Camps – It’s always a good time to learn, explore, and see new places. Campers will enjoy fun and exciting trips every day to various destinations throughout Atlanta and beyond! Each week has a different destination theme and travel itinerary. MJCCA Day Camps offer numerous travel camps that cater to every age and interest, such as: Taste of Atlanta, Need for Speed, Animal Lovers, Sports Travel, Adrenaline, Georgia Trailblazers, All Around Atlanta, and more!
- Teen Camps – With several teen-specific camps like travel, cooking, and art, your teen will continue to grow as an individual while creating friendships and memories. Teen camp offerings include: Drone Camp, Take the Cake, EA Sports, 3D Modeling, and more. In addition to teen favorites, MJCCA Day Camps also offeres specialty teen travel camps catering to all interests for our more adventurous campers. Choose from camps such as Adventure Challenge, Expedition Atlanta, Georgia Trailblazers, and more.
“Our campers come back year after year to reconnect with their summertime friends and build summer camp memories that they can hold throughout the year,” said Rindsberg. “We look forward to another wonderful summer filled with fun, friends, and adventure.”
More Info about MJCCA Day Camps
- Camp Late Nights – New themes for Camp Lake Nights include: Color War Night, Club J Night, and Group Games and Movie Night.
- Multi Week Discount – Come for more than three weeks and save on every week, starting with your fourth week of camp.
- Free Bus Transportation to MJCCA Day Camps at Zaban Park – Buses pick up and drop off campers from various locations in: Sandy Springs, Brookhaven, Norcross, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Intown, Toco Hills, Midtown, and East Cobb.
- Before Camp Care (7:30-8:15 am), and After Camp Care (4:00-6:00 pm) are available in Dunwoody, East Cobb, and Intown.
# # #