Dunwoody Nature Center Building Host
The Dunwoody Nature Center has a wonderful opportunity for you to join the Special Events team! If you are interested in becoming a Building Host, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please do not call. All emails will receive a reply from Delaney Yox.
Title: Building Host
Reports to: Special Events Coordinator
Schedule: Contractor, primarily nights and weekends
Job Status: Hourly
Position Summary: The Building Host is responsible for representing the Nature Center to our guests and clients during special events and facility rentals.
Provide guests and clients with a positive facility rental and usage experience from beginning to end.
Maintain safety of the Nature Center property for all guests and visitors.
Ensure that the client upholds all rental procedures and policies.
Interact with a variety of service providers and determine the best way to assist them in creating a high-quality event. Including but not limited to:
• Overseeing set-up and break-down efforts
• Answering questions
• Helping move furniture and other items
• Relocating trash and other items throughout event
• Assisting guests in the event of an emergency situation
High school degree or equivalent; some event or hospitality experience preferred
21 years of age or older
Clean background check
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent in-person communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Good physical condition to walk, stand, and lift up to 50 pounds
• Flexible approach to problem-solving
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision